Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Uh-oh!

Kara's first word is offically "uh-oh!" Any time she drops something, she says it. Its really cute :D

Poor Kara is sick with a cough. Its not frequent, but when she does cough its quite icky sounding. She's also got a bit of a runny nose.

We've had both Kara and I off wheat for 2 weeks now (and Kara off dairy too), and her skin is mostly better. She's had one breakout (it happened last week), but I'm not sure if it was from cross-contamination, or some other potential problem food. I've been keeping a food diary for both of us, and we'll take an in-depth look at it when we go to the naturopath on Friday.

The other crazy thing happening is that Kara is climbing up onto Mark's computer chair. This means that we cannot leave the computer room door open if no one is in there.

I don't want to leave Chloe out, of course. She's still doing preschool (she loves it), she's back at dance class (also enjoys it), and her and I are both learning to play the violin (its slow but fun). I think she's getting the short end of the stick with my no-wheat, as I don't make her favorite foods (noodles, chicken nuggets, hot dogs) as much any more since I can't eat them with her. But she's coping, and is really careful to make sure Kara doesn't eat anything with wheat or dairy.

Off I go now to make us lunch, then make a batch of Gluten-Free cookies for me and Kara, and a batch of normal gingerbread cookies for Mark and Chloe. This whole two-diets thing is really crazy! :\

No comments:

Post a Comment